If your Honor 8 smartphone has problems like:
- Running slowly,
- Unexpected stucks,
- Blank or frozen screen,
- Apps crashing or freezing,
- Frequent failures from system and apps,
Except from these problems if you just want to restart your smartphone in a correct way, you can choose Honor 8 soft reset.
Honor 8 soft reset, also known as soft reboot, is the rebooting or restarting of a device like a computer, smartphone or tablet. It closes all applications and clears any data in random access memory. Soft resetting is usually performed to repair malfunctioning applications.
Ensure your Honor 8 has a sufficient amount of battery power, if you try to reboot your phone with a critical amount of charge it may not turn on after the reboot.
System updates can bring improvements that could fix your issue. To check if there is a software update available on your smartphone launch your Settings > Software update > Download and install > Update Now
Restart A Frozen Or Unresponsive Honor 8
You can perform a soft reset Honor 8 following the instructions below, and you can restart your unresponsive device without any problems.
- If you are able to remove the device battery, remove it. Then, wait a few seconds, insert the battery and turn the device on.
- If you are not able to remove the device battery, hold down the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously for 7 seconds. Leave the buttons when phone vibrates.
- Your device will restart and display the brands logo.
If your Honor 8 powers on, but won't load the operating system or only boots to the brands logo, this is a symptom of corrupted software. You'll need to perform a hard reset to have the operating system reinstalled to get your device working again.
After the Honor 8 soft reset process, your smartphone will restart automatically. You can continue using your device without losing any data except for the last changes.